Legal questions? We have the answers!
Are you interested in our floating home concepts but don’t know where to start? We will be there to help and support you throughout the entire project. As yet still relatively uncommon in France, these floating houses are subject to very specific legislation. There are lots of questions about the legal environment for these unusual homes.
Do you have a project idea? A particular need? We can support you right from the initial design phase. You will benefit from expert advice when it comes to inland waterways, which will help you see your new venture through to a successful completion.
The most frequently asked questions concerning these unusual, floating lodgings
- From an administrative perspective, is the dwelling classed as a house or a boat?
- Do you need a building permit?
- Do you have to be self-sufficient in terms of energy and water treatment? How does this affect the classification of the unit?
- What legislative provisions apply with regard to rivers that pass through private land? What about a private lake or pond?
- What are the maximum possible dimensions? What legislative impact does this have?
- How many people can this type of unusual home accommodate?
- What authorisations do you have to obtain from the Direction Départementale des Territoires et de la Mer (French ‘Departmental Directorate of Territories and the Sea’, DDTM)? And from Natura 2000?
- Do tour operators renting out lodgings have to be registered as a ship owner?
- What are the specific details with regards to insurance?
We have examined all of these issues in order to provide you with a comprehensive service that includes the technical approvals you will need, and support in the essential administrative procedures.
In order to do so, we have worked with a maritime design office, a naval architect and the DDTM and have put together an implementation guide in association with various experts in river law.
Any questions? Got an idea? Or a project?
Contact us for more information...
Z.I. de la Chesnais
35540 Minac-Morvan, Brittany, France